The Empathy Toy
Our first in a new series
Toy packages are a “facilitation in a box”. They come with detailed materials which allow you to run your own workshops, generating rich discussions about the role of empathy and communication in the workplace.
So how does a toy teach empathy?More about the Empathy Toy here
From Empathy to Action
Moving your team from working in silos to thinking creatively and collaboratively
Players are challenged to put themselves in each other’s shoes - learning how each other thinks and communicates.
By discussing the outcomes of the game, groups go deep into complex, delicate conversations about how they work together.
Gameplay and the debrief afterwards reveal the unique communication styles of co-workers,
allowing them to identify best practices to avoid costly misunderstandings.
- By fostering a shared sense of fun and exploration, the game can promote healthy collaboration and break down silos.
- The game is a low-risk opportunity to test different leadership strategies, and to nurture open dialogue between different levels of workplace hierarchy.
- Change Management
- Play the game multiple times to establish a common language and routine, then introduce new rules or players to assess how they respond to change.
- Conflict Management
- By providing a frustrating challenge within a safe environment, the game allows players to identify and address root causes of workplace conflict.
- Diversity & Inclusion
- The empathy required by gameplay sets the stage for meaningful discussions about acceptance in the workplace.
- Project Management
- The game can be used to illuminate and sensitively discuss strengths and weaknesses in cross-departmental relationships, allowing for smoother functioning of large-scale projects.
The toy’s ability to get players to assess themselves has demonstrated great value in a variety of professional development contexts
Lunch and Learn
The University Health Network
Read more about Lunch and Learn in UHN Staff at The University Health Network in Toronto, Ontario
Alzheimer Society of Toronto (AST)
Read more about Mapping Workshop in AST Staff at Alzheimer Society of Toronto (AST) in Toronto, Ontario
Teachers, designers, entrepreneurs
Ontario Institue for Studies in Education
Read more about Teambuilding in Teachers, designers, entrepreneurs at Ontario Institue for Studies in Education in Toronto, Ontario