Graphic Design Internship: Toronto
We are currently looking for a graphic design intern to join our startup, designing and manufacturing toys and guidebooks that we believe will change the face of education. The role of the design intern would be to support our small design team in all areas of design work with specific tasks including website design, graphic design, packaging design and communications. As we are a small startup, this is an unpaid internship, however we work with University Co-Op programs to provide course credit for your work with us and provide a lot of support along the way. As an intern you will be taking on many tasks and will have the opportunity to learn many aspects of start-up life. You will have the chance to be an integral part of a young and growing company with a unique business model. This position is ideal for a designer interested in entrepreneurship and social innovation as our office is located at the Centre for Social Innovation (720 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario), a co-working space for over 400 organizations all working within the social realm.
- Beautiful portfolio demonstrating graphic design projects in print and web
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Willingness to take direction and openly communicate (empathy!!)
- Curious, passionate and self-directed
What you will gain:
- One-on-one experience working with designers, educators and manufacturers
- Front row view of what it looks like to start a business
- Access to the wonderful community of social innovators at the Centre for Social Innovation
- Paid training opportunities and mentorship
- STEP 1: Learn about us at www.twentyonetoys.com. Curious? If yes, continue.
- STEP 2: email: email@example.com, subject line: Graphic Design Internship
Please include: Cover letter (written directly in your email), c.v. or Linkedin, and portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.