Copywriting Internship: Toronto
We are currently looking for a copywriting intern to join our startup. As a copywriting intern you will fill a crucial role, working closely with our team and the world’s most passionate teachers and companies to tell the stories of the inspiring and insightful experiences they’ve witnessed. You will support our small team of educators, coders, and designers in all areas of communications, including researching and creating engaging blog posts, curating case studies, contributing to our newsletter, as well as working on our overall content strategy. We have an abundance of stories from our community on the impact of our toys, and more broadly the shift currently happening in the education system and corporate world.
We are a small startup, so this is an unpaid internship. However, we work with University Co-Op programs to provide course credit for your work with us and provide a lot of support along the way. As an intern you will be taking on many tasks and will have the opportunity to experience many aspects of startup life. You will be an integral part of a young and growing company with a unique business model. This position is ideal for a student interested in entrepreneurship and social innovation, since our office is located at the Centre for Social Innovation (720 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario), a co-working space for over 400 organizations working within the social realm.
- Minimum 2 years experience in communications, journalism or equivalent
- Examples of engaging writing that show an ability to adopt different writing styles and tones as appropriate
- Willingness to take direction and communicate openly (empathy!!)
- Curiosity, passion, and self-direction
- And, of course, playing well with others
What you will be working on:
- Taking our current backlog of stories and research, and creating compelling copy to be shared on our website, newsletter, and community groups
- Curating case studies, blog posts, and write-ups on education reform and the shifting global business landscape
- Working one-on-one with our core team of designers and educators on our digital content strategy
What you will gain:
- The opportunity to take a leadership role in our digital content strategy as we prepare for a Kickstarter campaign
- One-on-one experience working with designers, educators, facilitators, and coders
- Front-row view of what it looks like to start a business
- Access to the wonderful community of social innovators at the Centre for Social Innovation
- Paid training opportunities and mentorship
- STEP 1: Learn about us at www.twentyonetoys.com. Curious? If yes, continue.
- STEP 2: email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Copywriting Internship
- Please include: Cover letter (attached or written directly in your email), c.v. or Linkedin, and 3 samples of your writing that show off your style, tone, and ability to take on a brand’s voice
- Your favourite youtube (or equivalent) video
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.