What is a Play Advocate?:
You are a non-traditional sales person. This means that you have our toys on you at all times and you’re excited to talk about them in a moments notice. You believe in the value of our work and in the potential of our toys and our team to help transform organizations. You value relationship building and a good gif, and you can easily communicate via phone, email, or in person. You’re selling more than a toy, training, or a workshop; you’re convincing people that play is the best way to learn, no matter your age. You balance your passion with pragmatism; you’re relentlessly creative in finding ways to work smarter and can do a lot with a little. Your energy is contagious, and you are just as excited about looking at reports and inputting information into a CRM. You know how to measure what matters, from the tangible financials to the intangible impacts. You’re curious about what makes companies tick and how our workshops, training, and toys can support their work or address their problems. You are a quick study, ready to stay up to date on the latest Future of Work Trends, and draw connections to our work. Okay fine, you’re a sales lead -- but you’re more than that -- you’re helping us to put creative genius back into the hands of students, teachers, facilitators, and leaders, and having a lot of fun along the way.
About Twenty One Toys:
An award winning startup, Twenty One Toys creates innovative toys, workshops, and training programs designed intentionally for organizations, classrooms, and communities to deepen their awareness of themselves and the people around them. The Empathy Toy® and soon to be released Failure Toy have reached thousands of schools, companies, non-profits, and governments in almost 50 countries, almost entirely through word of mouth, SEO, and a little bit of luck. Our core team of 5 and our 15 part-time facilitators are ready to keep growing, and this role will be instrumental in helping us to reach new audiences. It also allows the rest of the team to focus on developing new toys, training, and workshop models to serve our global community.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in outbound sales, business development, or client relationship management
- You have a demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- You have background knowledge and are curious about workplace culture, HR, facilitation, and/or corporate training and are able to stay on top of trends and new research related to these topics
- You have strong relationship building skills that are rooted in engaging written and verbal communication, and you are a compelling public speaker
- You are able to create a remarkable client experience that starts with heart, curiosity, and empathy
- You are comfortable collecting data and using it to inform your decision making process
- You have experience with a dedicated CRM platform, such as SalesForce, FreshSales, or similar
- You are able to travel both locally and internationally.
- You are goal-oriented, solution focused, and a self-starter
- And it would be great if you were funny too ☺️
You'll be responsible for:
- Outbound sales and new lead generation
- Responding to all inbound purchasing email inquiries
- Running discovery conversations to understand customer needs and qualify sales opportunities
- Leading customers through the purchase process across multiple channels and closing sales
- Re-engaging our previous clients
- Improving our conversion rates, keeping track of quotas, meeting monthly sales targets, and generating performance reports
- Attending events and conferences to give presentations and managing a sales booth
- Hosting online video demos, Global Play Sessions, and webinars
Reasons to be excited:
- We are just at the beginning of our toy revolution, and with a focused effort we can continue to break records! You will be in the front seat of a growing startup and the first hire for this department, so the sky’s the limit
- We are the leaders in using toys to teach skills like empathy and failure and are making waves in schools, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. You’ll be connecting with all of these amazing members of the #21ToysWorld
- Our Failure Toy is set to release in 2019 (with over a thousand people on the waiting list). It’s going to be an exciting year as we launch a brand new toy to our community for the first time
- There will be travel opportunities later in the year to give presentations, attend conferences, and run demos and booths to connect with new prospects
- We have a swing!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Play Advocate!” in the subject line.
- The link to your Linkedin (or equivalent)
- A link to your video cover letter!
- To give us a sense of your presentation style and personality, record a 1-2 min. video of yourself explaining why you’d be a great addition to our team
- Upload to youtube as unlisted and include the link in your email
- Your favourite youtube video
Twenty One Toys is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities. Both our office and the interview space are accessible to people using mobility devices, and there are gender neutral washrooms on all floors. We can provide application and interview materials in different formats upon request. If you have questions about accommodations for any stage of the interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.